Wednesday, March 9, 2011

In Today's News


I have made the decision to sell our boat and dock to my soon to be ex-husband as part of our divorce settlement. This was a very emotional undertaking as I was the original sailor and taught him how to sail - and we've had the boat since 1993. It is a 28' Catalina which we were able to pretty much live on weekends in the summer. I spent a lot of time on the boat at the dock last summer when we started the separation process -- was my "getaway". I also sailed it for the first time last summer by myself. That was exhilirating!

Needless to say - after many tears shed last night - I was finally able to realize that I cannot afford to keep the boat - it is expensive - and I really won't have the time to devote to sailing since I am a triathlete and will be doing some more serious training this summer. Once I got over the emotional stuff I came to thinking that it is probably a good thing - can save money for my own vacations and/or upcoming races and put money into the house I am purchasing.

All in all it ends up being a win for me - The boat is named the "Suzieb2".

No comments:

Post a Comment