Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Ironman Training beginning

Ironman Lake Placid 2012 training has begun. That means that 6 out of 7 days a week I am either running, swimming, or biking an on some days it is at least two disciplines. Some nights I am getting home and totally exhausted - to the point I really don't feel like cooking. I have taken to fixing a week's worth of food - big batch of whatever - mac and cheese, meatballs, etc. and eating it every night. Boring but lots less work than trying to figure out what to eat every night when you are tired.

I fully expected to be tired - and to have to work hard - and it is tough. Both mentally and physically hard to fit this amount of training in every day. Have had lots of support from fellow triathletes with coordinating longer workouts - like our basement rides on trainers. They tend to keep things light-hearted and fun.

I did a longer run this weekend and felt some twinges in my left foot - have to be very careful increasing volume - don't want any more fractures or issues.

So far, so good - I sincerely hope that I can keep up the training and get to IMLP in July.

No comments:

Post a Comment